WXYT -Detroit wants to move their transmitter location

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Thu Jun 4 00:50:02 EDT 2009

Hi, Glen-

> We were told that the chances of a US-licensed station with towers on
> Canadian soil was zero.

By treaty, US signals are protected from interference only on US soil, and
Canada has no obligation to protect US signals on Canadian soil.

A US station located on Canadian soil would be entitled to no protection
whatsoever from Canadian interference. So tower 1 could host a co-channel
interferor.

It's a logical impossibilty.

-d