Portable Digital TVs?

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Jul 8 14:05:26 EDT 2009

I have a Haier (available from Amazon) and likewise find it not very
sensitive.  So I hope I can ask if anyone knows of a compact portable
amplified antenna for use with portable digital TV's?

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Jim Hall
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 1:50 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Portable Digital TVs?

Does anyone know of a portable (battery-powered) digital TV that gets decent
reception with the built-in antenna?  I looked at an "Accurian" 7-inch TV at
Radio Shack today.  After reading online reviews, I knew enough to test it
in the store.  The TV has only a VHF-type single pole antenna built in, and
after going outside the store and scanning, it received no signal from any
station. Admittedly the Boston transmitters are 30-35 miles distant from the
store, but WZMY's antenna would probably be visible from the store's
location if there were no trees in the way.