Portable Digital TVs?

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 13:50:12 EDT 2009

Does anyone know of a portable (battery-powered) digital TV that gets decent
reception with the built-in antenna?  I looked at an "Accurian" 7-inch TV at
Radio Shack today.  After reading online reviews, I knew enough to test it
in the store.  The TV has only a VHF-type single pole antenna built in, and
after going outside the store and scanning, it received no signal from any
station. Admittedly the Boston transmitters are 30-35 miles distant from the
store, but WZMY's antenna would probably be visible from the store's
location if there were no trees in the way.