[B-R-I] Re: Digital TV delay gains steam

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:47:25 EST 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 9:21 PM, Scott Fybush wrote:

 > Relax. It's optional for stations, and it sounds like many
 > stations will be choosing not to take the option.

If they really want to make it educational and productive——and
not just an empty-calorie extension, with continued hand
wringing and further delay requests come June 12th——what they
should do is require that the analog signals only retransmit
the digital signal, *in LETTER BOX format*, with a constant DTV
conversion message crawl in the bottom black space and the top
black space with the fixed message "(e.g.)WHDH-Boston analog:".
The signal is still there (though not in the most comfortable
form), there is no way the message can be missed, and (best of
all) the station ID is always there, a perfect public service
for dx-ers!!!  P=)   P=)   P=)

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: