WCSH-TV on the radio

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Tue Jan 27 14:54:01 EST 2009

> I picked up a pirate once in Haverhill on 87.9--playing stuff like
> excerpts from the
> South Park movie. I don't think it was from someone's house or from a
> nearby car.

If you were on I-495 near Chunkys you might have been picking up the
cinema's assistive listening device.  A now defunct manufacturer, Smart
Devices, made a low rent (cheesy) assistive listening system for the hard of
hearing that used a small, frequency agile, FM transmitter.  Patrons wishing
to use the system were given a REAL cheap Walkman to use with it.  The
system was essentially a Mr. Microphone with a line input.
[Brian Vita]
Brian Vita