KSCO, like WJIB, a commercial station asking for donations

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 17:25:33 EST 2009

Simon was appointment listening when I was at Gordon College in the mid-80s. If he wasn't doing a plug he was complaining about having to go to the doctors or having to shut down the station to grocery shop on Wendesdays.

________________________________
From: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net>
To: A. Joseph Ross <Joe@attorneyross.com>
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 4:57:15 PM
Subject: Re: KSCO, like WJIB, a commercial station asking for donations

I will never forget the evening my girlfriend and I visited him in the
late 80's. He asked if we wanted a pizza and then did a commercial ad
lib. I think Simon lived off trade-offs.

He was a genuine character. I didn't like what the FCC did to him by
adding WRBB to 104.9 but I guess he was not the most popular owner at
the FCC Custom House offices.