What is CBS Radio thinking???

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:44:54 EST 2009

Kevin Vahey wrote:
> Their offer was turned down. He is
> now deeply considering pulling all his ads from CBS and just use
> Entercom outlets.
>
> He said he was thinking of years ago when a small mens store in New
> Jersey did all their ads on WABC overnight.

The golden age of radio was significant for single or 2-sponsor shows,
e.g., Lux Soap, Maxwell House Coffee, Lucky Strike Cigarettes, who paid
full-boat for the production in exchange for heavy visibility.  If CBS
says no to that kind of deal then their decision was not about saving
money.

I'd not blame the advertiser from wanting to put his money where it is
welcome.

Bill O'Neill