What is CBS Radio thinking???

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 14:29:02 EST 2009

Yesterday I contacted an individual that I know from years of going to
Fenway. He owns a company who buys a lot of time at WBZ and other
media outlets.

I just got an e-mail that he contacted the WBZ sales department and
offered to underwrite the overnight show along with another local
company that buys time. Between the e companies they bill over 7
figures at CBS outlets in Boston. Their offer was turned down. He is
now deeply considering pulling all his ads from CBS and just use
Entercom outlets.

He said he was thinking of years ago when a small mens store in New
Jersey did all their ads on WABC overnight.

This advertiser is very, very upset at how Steve was treated and not
even allowed to say goodbye.