WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Thu Jan 1 11:55:33 EST 2009

Bob Nelson wrote:
> SaveWRKO's blog broke it as a rumor and the Herald confirms it: WBZ is cutting Steve Leveille, Lovell Dyett, Tom Cuddy, and supposedly Pat Desmarais as well.
>
> No idea what will replace them; shocker (budget cuts? The ax also fell on Colin McEnroe at sister WTIC)
>
> What the heck is WBZ going to run all night, informercials? So much for Mel Simon's audio clip trivia and "I love you, I love you madly".

I enjoyed Steve's overnight show.  However, I am loyal to product, not
the company.  Guess I'll be listening (and nostalging) to North Shore
104.9 on the way home, now.

Questions:
Will Dan Rae do a crossover with BirdFeed at 11:58?
Will producers be let go, too?
Will they cancel news overnights?
How about a sports show every evening from 7:00p to midnight.  Bruins
included.