WNSH weekend show

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:30:19 EST 2009

I was told today by former WNSH DJ Doug Mascott that Guarino actually
does his show
from his house/shop (next to the North Shore Shopping Center in
Peabody). WNSH does have some equipment and their stick a mile down
the road from me in Beverly, but I believe their
studios and some computers are at Keating Willcox's home in Hamilton; and again,
Guarino supposedly does his show from his Peabody home.

Dan wrote:
> I think that Guarino's show
> sounds much better and more professional. I also suspect that, 30,000
> watts notwithstanding, Keating sells the time to Guarino cheaper than
> Jeff Kline sells it to Franciosa. Since you say that Franciosa voices
> Keating's promos for $21 a spot, I suspect that those promos
> constitute partial payment for the air time.

Yes--in that clip I recorded, Antonio mentioned the ad rates several times.

By day at least, WNSH reaches all along the coast (but not so far inland) even
down to Cape Cod. I noticed it coming in on Rt 3 down in Plymouth County
as I headed to the Cape to visit my Dad. By night, well, it reaches MOST of
the city of license :)