Delay on WODS-HD3

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Feb 13 21:33:21 EST 2009

<<On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:40:19 -0500, Aaron Read <friedbagels@gmail.com> said:

> Question for those of you in Boston: which sounds the best?  WODS-HD3,
> WBZ-AM or WBZ-AM-HD?   I mean, of course each sounds DIFFERENT, but
> which sounds the best to your ears and why?

WODS-HD3 definitely sounds better than regular WBZ here, but that's in
part because the only radio that gets an acceptable analog signal is
my Sony 2010, and I have to keep it on narrow filter to avoid an
irritating heterodyne.  I do think it's too bassy; I wonder if they're
using the same processing as the analog.  I can't decode WBZ's HD
here -- too much QRM.

-GAWollman