Didn't anyone hear Donna on Jordan Rich's show Saturday 2/8 11:00PMto midnight on WBZ?

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 15:53:30 EST 2009

> I do have one complaint, however. Regardless of how Donna remembers
> David Brudnoy, he most emphatically was NOT always polite to people
> whose views differed from his own. I heard him repeatedly excoriate
> Bill Clinton quite a while before "I did not have sex with that
> woman--Ms Lewinsky."

He was polite...tha doesn't mean he was "milque-toast"...and never disagreed
with anyone.

I think the point was that Brudnoy did not engage in yelling and screaming.
When he disagreed he used his deep vocabulary to excoriate his oponent.
When he disagreed with you, he usually gave you a thoughtful reply.  He also
gave his opponent plenty of time to make his case and respond.

It is true, he could be harsh, as he had deeply held beliefs.

But I am guessing that you are of the liberal persuasion, and didn't
appreciate any values different from yours.

I am a conservative, yet I can appreciate Rachel Maddow's civil tone and
approach.

I know Donna has Liberal leanings, yet she could appreciate the civil tone
of Mr. Brudnoy, and even the spirited discussions.

PS:  Clinton did it to himself, and hung himself out there for all of the
jokes and criticism.

I think you have to look beyond your own personal beliefs to appreciate the
effectiveness of a broadcaster.