Didn't anyone hear Donna on Jordan Rich's show Saturday 2/8 11:00PMto midnight on WBZ?

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 13:51:10 EST 2009

Dan Stassberg wrote:

> for many interviewers (those who are not overly infatuated with the
> sound of their own voices), Donna is the dream guest: All a host needs
> to do is introduce Donna and shut up; she can talk for an hour, or
> two, or three, and probably even more, without being asked a single
> question.

   Another person who I can place in this category: Jim Camilli (J.C. from
WLLH 1966-1990). A few years back on a Friday afternoon when Gary Francis
hosted what was then "Afternoon Live" on WCAP, co-host Ryan Johnston was off
as he had a hockey game to call, I was asked to sit in. A couple of nights
before the show, Gary asked if I had any ideas on guests to fill an hour or
so on the show. I suggested we contact J.C. as all we needed to do is just
introduce him, and he'll keep on talking. Good move, he not only stayed the
hour he promised us but the whole 3 hours, with one story after another from
the golden days of top 40 radio. Even after the show ended, he kept talking
to us for almost an hour, when he realized what time it was he had to leave
to grab a quick supper and get to his nightclub gig at Cappy's Copper Kettle
(where he still plays vinyl every Friday & Saturday night).

Mark Watson