Didn't anyone hear Donna on Jordan Rich's show Saturday 2/8 11:00PM to midnight on WBZ?

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Feb 8 13:32:46 EST 2009

I usually can't stand Jordan but I made an exception when I heard that
Donna would be on promoting her new book, "Icons of Talk Radio." It
really was an excellent interview and it ran a full hour! Of course,
for many interviewers (those who are not overly infatuated with the
sound of their own voices), Donna is the dream guest: All a host needs
to do is introduce Donna and shut up; she can talk for an hour, or
two, or three, and probably even more, without being asked a single
question. Fortunately for Jordan, Donna does need to take a breath
occasionally, which gave him a chance to get in a few (very few)
questions. But Donna really did sound pumped. Good job!

I don't know who owns the content, but Donna should try to get Jordan
to get her a tape; she could then make it available on her own Web
site or could provide a link to to the interview on WBZ's site or
Jordan's site--if he has one.

I do have one complaint, however. Regardless of how Donna remembers
David Brudnoy, he most emphatically was NOT always polite to people
whose views differed from his own. I heard him repeatedly excoriate
Bill Clinton quite a while before "I did not have sex with that
woman--Ms Lewinsky." Now, it's true, Clinton was not a guest when
Brudnoy verbally dismembered him, but nobody could say that Brudnoy
gave Clinton an even break. I'd say that Brudnoy was about as fair as
Stu Taylor, the right wingnut who buys the 8:00 to 9:00AM hour on
WBIX. I've heard Taylor on good behavior interviewing former Senator
Bill Bradley. But when Bradley is not on the line to defend himself,
Taylor can only get in nasty digs when he says anything about any
politician who isn't an ultra-right-wing Republican.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367