Weather Channel on Comcast

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 3 11:31:31 EST 2009

>This weatherscan channel is just a Standard Definiton channel positioned in
>the HD 800 block, it has been this way for quite awhile now. I would assume
>that as soon as comcast moves extended basic in our area off of analog that
>we will get the real HD weather channel. [...]

Thing is, The Weather Channel HD (at least on RCN, which is how I receive
it) doesn't show the local weather during "Local on the 8s", but rather a
nationwide overview of the weather.  Looks pretty in HD, but it's not very
useful, at least not in my opinion.  I find myself using the standard def
Weather Channel more often, to get the local forecast info I'm looking for.

WeatherScan is a TWC offering specific to Comcast.  When I used to use
Comcast, I found WeatherScan more useful than the regular Weather Channel,
but your mileage may vary.

-shawn