Weather Channel on Comcast

kenwvt@gmail.com kenwvt@gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:01:12 EST 2009

Brian,

This weatherscan channel is just a Standard Definiton channel positioned in
the HD 800 block, it has been this way for quite awhile now. I would assume
that as soon as comcast moves extended basic in our area off of analog that
we will get the real HD weather channel. I can't wait for the extended
basics on analog to go away, especially now that they will be providing
DTAs for two analog sets.

-Ken

On Feb 3, 2009 10:36am, Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com> wrote:
> Anyone know what's happening with the weather channel on Comcast? I live
in

> Salem, MA and the Wx channel has been heavily promoting the channel in HD.
>
> When you go to channel 845, the channel listed with the WX channel in HD,
>
> you get the wimpy WeatherScan. Although its in the HD block, it appears to
>
> be 480i as it upsets the scaler in my A/V receiver. If I watch it on the
HD