Weather Channel on Comcast

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Tue Feb 3 10:36:41 EST 2009

Anyone know what's happening with the weather channel on Comcast?  I live in
Salem, MA and the Wx channel has been heavily promoting the channel in HD.
When you go to channel 845, the channel listed with the WX channel in HD,
you get the wimpy WeatherScan.  Although its in the HD block, it appears to
be 480i as it upsets the scaler in my A/V receiver.  If I watch it on the HD
set with the cable box that is not routed through an A/V receiver, it comes
in OK.

The 800 block of the local Comcast is their HD section.  It seems a waste of
channel allocation to put Weatherscan there.  Is this a programming error or
are we not supposed to get the Weather Channel in HD?

Brian Vita