WCRB audio

Romy Romy@goodsoundclub.com
Sat Dec 26 16:18:13 EST 2009

***  Has anyone else noticed the deterioration of the once rich and vibrant
WCRB
audio since WGBH took over?  It is now very thin and
washed out sounding.......unlistenable, I'm not talking about less
compression or other processing,  Now just thin bass and no vibrant sparkle
or depth. Was a pleasure to listen to, no longer.

It is very much not my observation. If you have good reception (big if) then
the new WCRB has phenomenal sound nowadays. Compression is very low, there
is no problem with extension in both directions. If you feel that WCRB
before the December First was " pleasure to listen" then you need to
reevaluate your reference points as WCRB was garbage before....

Rgs, Romy the Cat