Waterbury, CT Area Radio Pictures

Bill Dillane dillane@sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 26 19:01:04 EST 2009

>The left most tower in the pic used to hold WATR-TV and the right most
tower used to hold WATR-FM.. at least that's what I think because the lights
on the left and right towers aren't actually at the top of the towers
themselves, they are 20 or so feet above them on top of a red mast like
object.

FM and TV never transmitted from the AM site.

>Based on the day pattern, I assume the site is south of Waterbury. Am I
right?

South end of Waterbury.

>Even more surprising is that the towers are a) just barely taller than 200'
and b) all three are illuminated. Is there an airport nearby?

Oxford Airport is about 10 miles to the west near the Oxford/Middlebury
line, but I don't know if that's the reason for the lights.