Globe articles on WCRB, WGBH

lglavin@mail.com lglavin@mail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:20:02 EST 2009

At least one Saturday night a year, RLK was in the studio on Saturday night:  the Saturday closest to Beethoven's birthday
(given as either December 16th or 17th, depending on how fast mom and dad could get the lad to a
baptismal font;  babies often failed to make it through the first week or so of life in those days in Bonn, Germany).
People were invited to the South street studio for birthday cake and to schmooze.  I was a mere yute then,
but now I wish I had been able to participate.