Globe articles on WCRB, WGBH

George Allen gallen2@nescaum.org
Fri Dec 18 14:39:07 EST 2009

Ah yes -- LVB bday was a very special event at 750 South St.!   Also
- I was just reminiscing about the "Musical Marathon" days in the
early 70's, when they would load up the BSTT tapes into a van/truck,
park it at 750 [South St, not 750 Sawmill Brook, another site I spent
many of my formative years at], and have listeners bid $ to hear
their favorite historical BSO performance.  Now *that* was radio!

Where are those BSTT tapes today, and is anything being done to
preserve them and make them available in some way?  Kevin Mostyn has
a site [abandoned?] that started to document the archive contents, at:
http://www.koussevitzky.com/
Kevin is a rabid Koussy fan...
    George