WDCR-AM 1340

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Aug 19 18:01:58 EDT 2009

<<On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:54:47 -0500, "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com> said:

> The sale of WDCR, if it happens, will include no studio equipment and very
> minimal transmitting equipment. Whoever buys it will have to move the tower
> OFF Dartmouth University property.

Would a buyer actually want the tower?  I think if you have to change
transmitter sites anyway, the only thing it makes sense to do is
to try to diplex it with Bob Vinikoor's 1490 down in Lebanon, or put
up a Valcom fiberglass pole somewhere -- those are probably the only
possiblities to get it back on the air reasonably expeditiously.  Or
else get a cell operator to let you skirt the tower.  (Ed Perry has
done some of those, including Vinikoor's IIRC.)

-GAWollman