extending FM band down to 76 MHz

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 12:19:01 EDT 2009

Could WRGB go back to their pre-transition Channel 39?  Why not. What would be the limiting factor in going back?  Channel 6 was great for analog use.  For DTV, on the other hand, it's a disaster.  I'm sure that there is enough UHF space in the Capital District to put WRGB back to UHF. I believe it would be far enough away from WSBK-39.

I think that the FCC made a big mistake in cleaning out UHF Channels 52-69 for land-mobile, in the first place.  Those channels would have had ample  space so that ALL full-powered TV stations could go DTV with plenty of room to spare for NEW stations and all LPTV's and translators.  VHF-hi would be fine for other uses other than TV.  VHF-lo (5 and 6 would be perfect for the expanded FM).

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"
radiojunkie3@yahoo.com