WHDH snubs Leno

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Fri Apr 3 14:55:41 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/2/2009 8:27:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

> [...]
limited options)?<<<<

I am not exactly sure that NBC is teh oe with the extremely limited options.
According to Jeff Immelt, he see the future of Network TV utilizing the same
business model as their cable stations such as MSNBC, CNBC, and the Universal
cable channels. If you look at the viewers that still receive their TV service
OTA NBC wouldn't be loosing too much.

The satellite equipment at an O&O or affiliate is an very expensive
proposition and to distribute directly to a cable hub would be much less expensive. All
that would be required is a dish without all of the automated hardware and
software that is involved with an affiliate.

A dish and a couple of receivers and you are on the air and as for selling
the local avails NBC could be thrown in with NBC/Universal's cable channel
package.

I don't think that the conversion to digital OTA has helped the OTA situation
much; I have never been a fan of 8-VSB.

Sunbeam would seem to be the one with limited options there are only so many
episodes of Gillgan's Island to go around.

Mike Hemeon
NBC Principal Engineer, Satellite Systems (RET)

**************Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
with TaxACT.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220714320x1201367638/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950001%26p%3D82)