WLNG's Paul Sidney Dies

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Fri Apr 3 14:40:00 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/2/2009 8:27:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

.....I recall the first time I heard WLNG in 1990, when I went to visit
friends
who were living at that time in Groton CT. Definitely a unique sound, and
since they've been streaming on line I do listen to them a couple of hours a
week, plus I always listen on the radio when I am driving along the Southern
CT. shoreline. The article says that WLNG will continue what they've been
doing since 1963, as that's the way Paul would want it. An example of live &
local full service radio that works. Not many of those left.

I am listening to them on line as I type this. Evening jock Chuck Mackin
made mention of the sad day at "Broadcast House". Also, he announced WLNG
will be airing a tribute to Paul Sidney Friday from 1 to 2 PM........

I loved that station and Paul Sidney. You could tell by listening to it that
everyone there was having fun  working there.

I received it clearly when I was living in Milford and Fairfield, CT in the
80's.

Mike Hemeon

**************Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
with TaxACT.