Uncle Dale's replacement...

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 14:19:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, 9/19/08, Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> is Bob Lobel, according to today's Boston Herald.
> http://www.bostonherald.com/business/media/view/2008_09_19_Bob_Lobel_launches_comeback_-_on_radio/srvc=home&position=7
>
> Does this mean that CBS wants to move 103.3 off of oldies
> eventually? I can't imagine Lobel doing a "that was
> the Beatles; here's the Stones" type of shift.
> I'm guessing there will be even less music (although the
> holiday music may change that equation) in the mornings and
> after the intial curiosity wears off their #s will be down.

I like how Ted Jordan said he "realized" Bob was out of work when he ran into him at a restaurant. Um, yeah, didn't see him much driving down SFR anymore?

Sounds like this move came from up top, and I'd be surprised if 103.3 isn't all-sports by Christmas. You just don't make this type of move if you want to stay with the format.

(If they do blow up Oldies, what becomes of WZLX? I would think they'd have to benefit?)