WEEI radio network in Maine

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 23:44:56 EDT 2008

On Sat, 9/6/08, David Tomm <nostaticatall@charter.net> wrote:
> Normally only 850 carries BC.   Providence and Worcester
> occasionally
> run games, but not often.  I don't know about
> Springfield.  My guess
> is that there's not a lot of audience for BC sports
> outside of
> Eastern Mass.   Either that or the BC rights only cover 850
> and
> limited games on Worcester and Providence.

BC football airs in Providence and was on 103.7 today. BC basketball does not (103.7 has rights to Providence College hoops, so I presume that's the reason), but it did a couple years ago before they were airing PC games.

Another possible issue: WEEI doesn't own the BC broadcast rights. ISP Sports does, and 850 is the flagship.