Sox network still way late with legal ID break

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Oct 10 23:53:53 EDT 2008

On 9 Oct 2008 at 21:47, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> The changeover was a disaster. WHDH always had a on site engineer for
> both home and away games (Al Walker) and took pride that they never
> lost a signal. It took WMEX all of 3 games to do so and Ned Martin had
> to do the final inning from Oakland via phone.
>
> WMEX even wanted the announcers to run their own board at the park
> until IBEW said no.
>
> The next season the Red Sox discovered WMEX had problems with signal
> at night and WMEX leased time on WWEL. When that signal became KISS108
> they moved to WPLM and when WITS went bellyup WPLM took over.

It was about the same time that the televised games moved from
channel 5 to channel 38.  We lived in Bedford at the time, where
neither WMEX/WITS nor channel 38 came in very well.  My father, a
really big Red Sox fan, gumbled about why a major-league baseball
team should be dealing with minor-league stations.