Sox network still way late with legal ID break

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Oct 6 16:30:06 EDT 2008

Bob Nelson wrote:
> Could be; on WBOQ you hear something like this:
> "(Dana Hersey) Howie Carr! Weekdays--"
> (-- WBOQ board op quickly inserts)
> "...North Shore 104.9"
>
> OR when WEEI is doing it:
> "(Jim Cutler) This is Wednesday night baseball--" or
> "(Jim Cutler) The Big Show with the Big O--"
> (board op quickly inserts)
> "North Shore 104.9"

Out here in the Sox Nation diaspora, where we have to depend on WTIC for
our Sox radio fix, it's even worse. WTIC has long bristled at the "...on
the Shaw's WRKO Red Sox Radio Network" tag going into the break, so it
used to cover it with "on WTIC Hartford."

Except that the board op in Hartford almost never catches the cue right
on time, especially when it's Joe C. rushing into the break, so it would
sound like,

"After 8, it's Angels 4, Sox 4, on the ShaOn WTIC Hartford."

Once Shaw's started sponsoring the network, they didn't want their
credit covered up, so there's now a custom cue for WTIC that says "on
the Shaw's Red Sox Radio Network," with no mention of WRKO or WEEI. But
it still tends to get hit late.

There's got to be a cleaner way...