Letter/number nicknames, and "rounding off"...

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Oct 3 17:42:27 EDT 2008

At 04:33 PM 10/3/2008, Bob Nelson wrote:
>I remember when the 105.7 freq lic. to Framingham was WVBF...and I
>also remember how they used to have a nickname: "F-105"

I never understood why Oldies changed it from Oldies 103 to the much
more cumbersome Oldies 103.3...  And I recall the days when WMEX was
"Color Radio."  Later, during the rise of album rock and folk rock,
it was briefly called "The Human Thing."  Ah the good old days...