30 Rock Studio 6-B

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 10:39:52 EST 2008

4-A and 4-B were the game show studios for the most part. (I believe
there was also a smaller 4-C where Concentration was done in the 60's)

The 4th floor studios became the home of many syndicated game and talk
shows such as What's My Line, To Tell The Truth, Donahue, Rosie and
others.

SNL may have saved the NY audience studios from being closed. The
thinking was to move all shows to Burbank in the 70's and the famed
Peacock Studio (8-H) was in bad shape when SNL started in 1975.

The most striking thing about 30 Rock was they were able to do so much
with very limited space. While massive for radio it became a challenge
for TV and especially when converted to color.

30 Rock is without question a living broadcast museum.