Is WBZ AM-TV the only AM combo left in NE

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Nov 17 13:04:34 EST 2008

On 17 Nov 2008 Jim Hall wrote:

> Yes, it was during the Globe ownership that they changed from WTAO to
> WCAS. What I found interesting was that for weeks after the purchase
> of WTAO/WXHR/WTAO-TV was announced, but before they closed on the
> sale, the Globe listed 740/96.9 as WKBG-AM and WKBG-FM in their radio
> station frequency table.

Really?  I don't remember seeing that.

What I do remember is, at some point before channel 56 returned to
the air as WKBG-TV, seeing some ads in the Globe announcing its
imminent return, with the call letters WXHR-TV.

I believe that the WXHR call letters were on all of the stations by
the time they were sold to Kaiser-Globe.  At least, the AM and were
both WXHR by then, since they were simulcasting the WXHR classical
music programming.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856