Fairness Doctrine

Blaine Thompson blainethompson@gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:46:53 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> radiotony wrote:
>
>> I didn't see it in the print edition.
>> I just did a Google News search of "Illegal alien aunt, Obama" ... 87.
>> Most of the links are blogs. It was in a few daily newspapers.

Oh gosh.  My bread and butter sort of question.  Scott is indeed correct in
that it IS how you do the search.

(Disclaimer: I work outside the wonderful world of broadcasting during the
week.  I work in a library.  If that doesn't scream nerd...oh wait, but it
does.)

I have not fully investigated how Google News gives their results (i.e.
Which newspapers come up first, or not at all, etc.)  I would give examples
of searches here, and their differing results, but that is far beyond the
scope of this list.

Remember also that one of the larger goals of the newspaper is to get you to
purchase the newspaper.  Scandalous headlines (about whichever gender) still
work.

Plus, all publicity is still good publicity.

- Blaine