WMUR

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Wed Mar 26 18:43:16 EDT 2008

>To give credit where it's due: I don't think they were notably cheesier
>than the average station in NH or ME in the '60s.     Just comparably
>cheesy: they were "state of the art"!

You're right, of course; when I first moved to Maine in '76, WGAN did indeed
have an edge over the rest of the Portland-Lewiston area stations in terms
of good production.  WCSH and WMTW managed to catch up, eventually.  (I
remember the first time I saw a new, nicely FILMED "NewsCenter 6" intro ---
back in the early '80s, I think --- that was comparable to stuff I'd seen in
Boston ten years earlier, and I went, "Whoooooo.")

Bangor, on the other hand, was another story altogether.

-Doug