Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 14:53:42 EDT 2008

Acutally I went to high school and college in the 80s and don't really care for the music of that decade. I much prefer the 60s music.

----- Original Message ----
From: A. Joseph Ross <Joe@attorneyross.com>
To: Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com>
Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:45:17 PM
Subject: Re: Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

On 11 Mar 2008 Maureen Carney wrote:

> I actually like the True Oldies format, and missed it when it left 830
> for talk a couple of years ago. Occasionally I will hear it over WEEI
> when driving the Mass Pike/Route 9 just after sunset as it's on a NY
> area station also on 850. I really don't like the oldies stations
> going to the 70s as I can't stand disco at all, and I hear too much of
> KC and the Sunshine Band on Oldies 103.3.

I think to any person, "oldies" is the stuff that was around when you
were a teenager or in college.  To me that's 50s and 60s music.  To
others, it's 80s and 90s music.  I don't mind some stations playing
newer oldies so long as I can hear "my" oldies somewhere.  Right
now, that somewhere is online.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                  617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856