Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 11:16:45 EDT 2008

They're not there to restore the public's confidence. They have a following, but not as big of one as the stations think. There are still people who would go into the voting booth and pull the lever for Tom Finneran or Buddy Cianci today - but that doesn't always translate into listeners or listeners in the right demographics.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dan.Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net>; Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com>
Cc: (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:56:21 AM
Subject: Re: Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Maybe Cianci could move to a Boston station--AM drive on WRKO: Two
Live Felons. Which brings up Eliot Spitzer's next gig...

There is actually a very serious topic buried in the cynicism: Does
putting disgraced former elected officials on the air as talk hosts do
anything to restore the public's confidence in government? I'm not
asking the question frivolously.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367