Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 17:46:32 EDT 2008

 Maureen Carney wrote:

>I actually like the True Oldies format, and missed it when it left 830 for
>talk a couple of years ago. Occasionally I will hear it over WEEI when
>driving the Mass Pike/Route 9 just after sunset as it's on a NY area
>station also on 850.

  That station may have been WREF in Ridgefield CT, which is a suburb of
Danbury. I believe they are a 1000 watt daytimer or may have post sunset
authority or very low night power, but given their location they may sign
off or drop power a bit later than WEEI's change to night pattern. Last time
I drove through the Danbury area this past October they were running the
True Oldies Channel.

Mark Watson