Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Aaron Read friedbagels@gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:48:51 EDT 2008

Boy I really hope you're being sarcastic...indies are a shining example
of all that's wrong with radio.

Besides, Spitzer's payola settlement led to a nice fat grant from the
NYS Music Fund for us to put on a bunch of free & low-cost concerts here
in Geneva.  So I'll give Spitzer that much, but for the moment...not
much more.

Anyways, Eliot Spitzer HAD a radio gig; once a month he was supposed to
appear on "Vox Pop" on WAMC...distributed to several other pubradio
outlets (WEOS included) around upstate NY.  He'd only done it once a few
weeks ago, and I got word today he's not going to be invited
back...although apparently WAMC wants to keep the concept going if,
assuming Spitzer resigns, the new governor is interested.

Aaron Read	       |  General Manager, WEOS 89.7FM
friedbagels@gmail.com  |  Fried Bagels Broadcast Consulting
Rochester, NY 14618    |  (315) 521-0569 cell

Elliot Spitzer's next gig hopefully will NOT be on radio.  As a
broadcast operator, I wouldn't pay one cent to a person who, as a
publicity hound AG used radio as a high profile industry and brought
down the earthshakingly important independant promotion business with
his bullying and heavyhanded tactics.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Alan