late night talk (was Jerry Williams)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Mar 10 01:02:58 EDT 2008

Richard Chonak wrote:
> On 03/09/2008 09:35 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>> The flagship was KSL Salt Lake which was owned by Bonneville
>> Broadcasting wholly owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
>> Saints. However I can not recall Jepko ever making this fact known as
>> I have dealt with Bonneville on TV truck issues. They run broadcasting
>> like a business.
>
> They've started another late-night talk show "Nightside" on KSL and some
> other Bonneville stations -- well, at least on their WWWT in Washington.
>  It's meant to be cocky and funny, but some of the hosts come across as
> not quite intellectual enough for my refined New England tastes.
> http://nightside.ksl.com/

"Nightside Project," to give it its full name - and as of this week,
it's off 3WT in Washington and KIRO in Seattle and again being heard
only on KSL from 7-10 PM MT.

Whether or not you like the show (it's definitely an acquired taste),
I'll give Bonneville credit for at least addressing the question of how
to attract younger listeners to its news-talk stations. At KIRO, they
hired former NPR host Luke Burbank to host a new evening show called, so
help me, "Too Beautiful To Live." Reviews on that one are mixed as well...