late night talk (was Jerry Williams)

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Mon Mar 10 01:43:37 EDT 2008

On 03/10/2008 01:02 AM, Scott Fybush wrote:

> "Nightside Project," to give it its full name - and as of this week,
> it's off 3WT in Washington and KIRO in Seattle and again being heard
> only on KSL from 7-10 PM MT.
>
> Whether or not you like the show (it's definitely an acquired taste),
> I'll give Bonneville credit for at least addressing the question of how
> to attract younger listeners to its news-talk stations. At KIRO, they
> hired former NPR host Luke Burbank to host a new evening show called, so
> help me, "Too Beautiful To Live." Reviews on that one are mixed as well...

Parts of "Nightside Project" were fine; the thing that put me off most
was when they called some expert, ostensibly to talk about a news story,
but wasted his time by playing dumb over the phone.   If I were to do
that to someone, it would be considered an "annoyance call".   If the
news department ever calls this expert up, they're going to have to
start by apologizing for the behavior of the talk-show guys.

--rc