enjoying the new Jerry Williams book

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Mar 9 21:16:51 EDT 2008

At 07:34 PM 3/9/2008, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>Are you saying that the sequence was Jepko, Nebel, King? My impression
>is that Nebel (later with his wife as co-host) was on Mutual
>overnights for quite a long time--not nearly as long as King, but
>still a long time) and that Jepco was not on Mutual all that long, but
>he was on KSL and at least one other 50-kW station for years and years
>before he was on Mutual.

Umm, I have his writings, his personal papers, and assorted other
memorabilia, and I can assure you Herb was on Mutual FIRST.  First
nationally syndicated late night talk show, 4 November
1975.  Cancelled on 29 May 1977, replaced by Nebel, which generated
huge amounts of outrage.  Even the national media picked up the story.