digital converter box -- surprising performance

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Sat Jun 14 21:57:51 EDT 2008

Kevin Vahey wrote:

>Still cable will rule for a few more years in cities where apartment
>dwellers have no choice but cable. Verizon admits they still can not
>deliver Fios to mult-dwellings at this time which is why they have not
>applied in places like Boston and Cambridge.

There are lots of places where FIOS isn't available.  A couple years
ago when I lived in the Manchester, N.H. area FIOS availability was
spotty at best.  No one could tell me when it would be available in
my town.  Of course with Verizon having sold it's Maine/N.H./Vt.
operations to Fairpoint the discussion is moot anyway.