WMEX is Gone

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 21:45:53 EDT 2008

While we can lament the format change of another station to religious
programming there is no getting around the fact that it is highly
profitable for the license holder.

Organizations can tell their followers they need more money to spread
the word and the station owner happily sells the time.

When I was young WHDH radio would sell airtime to the Mission Church
in JP and the Red Sox on Wednesday nights would not start a home game
until 8:30 in because the service was so widely listened to and WHDH
and the church would not budge on the time.