Manchester Monarchs Hockey Moves To WGAM, UNH Sports To WGIR

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 21:59:53 EDT 2008

  According to an article in the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Manchester
Monarchs AHL hockey team's radio broadcasts will be moving from WGIR (who
aired the games the past 7 seasons) to WGHM (900 Nashua) which simulcasts on
WGAM (1250 Manchester). The Union Leader article says that 1250's calls are
WKBR, which they haven't been for a while, and has 900 as WGAM, they are now
WGHM. Also interesting to note that when there are conflicts with Red Sox or
Patriots games, Monarchs hockey will be bumped to sister station WSMN, which
doesn't get too far at night (when a fair amount of the games air) from it's
temporary TX site diplexing off the WGHM tower in downtown Nashua.

  The article also mentions that University of NH football, mens's hockey,
plus selected women's hockey, men's and women's basketball games will air on
WGIR starting this Fall. The article doesn't mention it but I believe WFEA
was the Manchester UNH sports affiliate the past few years. The article also
mentions that the UNH sports flagship station continues to be WTSN, which
covers Dover, Rochester & Plymouth. (I think they meant Portsmouth).

Link to the article:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Changes+in+air+for+Monarchs%2c+UNH&articleId=252b41f4-45a3-44e2-8a8c-073a55c01104

Mark Watson