Manchester Monarchs Hockey Moves To WGAM, UNH Sports To WGIR

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Wed Jul 16 09:23:01 EDT 2008

On 7/15/08, Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net> wrote:
>  Monarchs hockey will be bumped to sister station WSMN, which
> doesn't get too far at night (when a fair amount of the games air) from it's
> temporary TX site diplexing off the WGHM tower in downtown Nashua.

Are there any plans to find a new site for WSMN or do they plan to
apply to stay on the WGHM tower at reduced power non-DA?  I can't
imagine they're gonna find any affordable land for a 3 tower DA
anywhere near Nashua.

>  The article also mentions that University of NH football, mens's hockey,
> plus selected women's hockey, men's and women's basketball games will air on
> WGIR starting this Fall. The article doesn't mention it but I believe WFEA
> was the Manchester UNH sports affiliate the past few years.

Is Dick Osborne still involved with UNH sports?  I recall there being
a scandal of some sort concerning him a couple years ago and that UNH
was considering dropping him.