[B-R-I] Re: Like tropo--except it's AM!

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:59:48 EDT 2008

Dan Strassberg wrote,

 > Last night and early this morning I picked up some AM stations
 > I've never heard in Arlington. They aren't especially far away
 > but I can't normally pick them up here and the fades prove
 > that I was getting skywave reception--not groundwave. At the
 > top of the fades, the signals were loud and clear: WNNZ 640,
 > WELI 960, and WHLI 1100.

I don't know about the other two, but 0.640-WNNZ has been booming
in both in Boston and up here on the North Shore for the past
several nights——I strongly suspect a case of day power/pattern
cheating, rather than some propagational anomaly.  P=)

On a related note, Hope Valley RI's 1.180-WCNX was noted left on
all night last week (still is?) w/CNN-H News.

Also, last Friday night 1.570-WNSH appeared to be on
an elevated night (but definitely sub-day) power, but then when I
checked at 7am——well into daytime——not only were they still at a
reduced power, but they kept clicking off (down?), then quickly
recovered to the reduced power.  When I checked again after
getting off the train (in Beverly) just after 9am, they were
off-air, then clicked back on just before 10am.  While this time
seemed like a legitimate case of "technical difficulties", there
*has* been a few times in the past couple of months (including
the previous Friday night) when 'NSH *was* on full daytime
power/pattern all night.  (Tisk-tisk Mr. Willcox! P=)

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kaimbridge