Felger leaving ESPN Boston

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 00:12:34 EDT 2008

I am pretty sure Ordway would love to be able to bring certain Globe
staffers on board to mix things up.

There is no question that the Big Show brings in more billing AND
profit to Entercom than anything else in the company. This contract
offer will have to be done direct with the Philly home office and keep
Julie and Jason out of it. Having Howie's contract go public was a
leverage disaster for the company.

I still think WBCN is the player. The fact the station did not make a
deal of being rock for 40 years this spring indicates CBS doesn't want
to remind listeners of the stations history.

CBS Radio just fired Mike North in Chicago who ws pulling 1.6 a year
on WSCR so they have some cash to play with. This most likely will be
Ordway's last contract and he may well become the highest paid
performer in Boston history.

Ordway needs another station to sniff and kick tires. Howie has 96.9
to thank. My money is on WBCN since they have the Patriots and the
Bruins can easily be moved there.