WNTN in Auburndale

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jan 31 01:53:46 EST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008 at 14:50, Doug Drown wrote:

> I wonder how many of those Newton villages have post offices?
> The distinctions between villages within a town or city can be very
> important to New Englanders.  In many instances, where there is a town
> center and a mill village (or what was one), there has been an
> economic disparity that has engendered a wariness between the people
> of the two villages.  Those old animosities tend to die away very
> slowly.  I know; I've witnessed it.    -Doug

The Town of Norwood site contains a history page that details the
increasing animosity that existed between the northern and southern
parts of Dedham, which led to South Dedham (and a small portion of
Walpole) becoming the Town of Norwood in 1872. At their first Town
Meeting, Norwood graciously adopted a resolution thanking the
inhabitants of Dedham and Walpole for their assistance in the
formation of Norwood.

http://www.ci.norwood.ma.us/townhall/brief.html .