WEZE, WCOP and NBC

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jan 29 17:53:34 EST 2008

>it was asked--
>
>I can't answer that except to say that if it did exist, I don't remember it
>at all, and I can remember Boston television back to about 1954.  I'm
>wondering --- perhaps Donna can help us out  here --- whether the name of
>Shepard's parent company for WNAC

Shepard died in 1950, so maybe subsequently the name was changed, but
not that I recall. Radio-- both AM and FM used the Yankee
branding.  WNAC-TV went on the air the third week of June 1948, after
WBZ had already gone on the air several weeks earlier.  But even in
my old New England TV Guides, it never refers to Yankee- anything in
their big display ads about TV-- just "WNAC-TV channel 7."  I'll see
if I can find the corporate name used for TV in those early years.