WEZE, WCOP and NBC

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Tue Jan 29 17:57:26 EST 2008

 Go here (http://www.ggninfo.com/TP2.htm) to see an old Ch 7 test pattern -
it says "Yankee Network"

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:54 PM
To: Doug Drown; A. Joseph Ross
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: WEZE, WCOP and NBC

>it was asked--
>
>I can't answer that except to say that if it did exist, I don't
>remember it at all, and I can remember Boston television back to about
>1954.  I'm wondering --- perhaps Donna can help us out  here ---
>whether the name of Shepard's parent company for WNAC

Shepard died in 1950, so maybe subsequently the name was changed, but not
that I recall. Radio-- both AM and FM used the Yankee branding.  WNAC-TV
went on the air the third week of June 1948, after WBZ had already gone on
the air several weeks earlier.  But even in my old New England TV Guides, it
never refers to Yankee- anything in their big display ads about TV-- just
"WNAC-TV channel 7."  I'll see
if I can find the corporate name used for TV in those early years.